- The information we collect
- How we use your personal information
- How we may share or disclose your personal information
- What cookies and web beacons are and how we and others use them
- What internet protocol addresses are
- Collection of information by third-party sites and sponsors
- How we secure and store your information
- Your rights if you are a California resident
- Use of our online forums and public services
- What choices do we give you, and how can you correct or review your personal information
- How to contact us
The Information We Collect
ONIT collects certain personal information when you register with ONIT, request information, or when you use ONIT products or services. In registering with ONIT or requesting information, you may provide us with a password, your real name, industry, organization name, job role, and contact information, such as e-mail address, phone number, and shipping address. We may also collect your product registration information, product interest information, transaction information, demographic information. If you connect with ONIT accounts on third party social networking sites, we may also collect information about your social networking accounts, for example, your name, user name or handle, public profile, and email address. We may also combine information you provide with data we collect automatically (as further described below) and with data we receive from third parties.
When you use our mobile apps, we also automatically collect information about your device and about your usage of and activity on our mobile apps. For example, we collect [your device’s mobile operating system type and version, browser type, device type, geolocation data, Wi-Fi networking connection data, Internet Protocol (IP) address, device identifiers, time stamped logs regarding access times and duration of visits,] and other information.
How We Use Your Personal Information
- Provide and deliver products or services you’ve requested, including software updates;
- Operate and improve our internal operations, systems, products, and services;
- Understand you and your preferences to enhance your experience;
- Respond to your comments and questions and provide customer service;
- Send you service-related information, including confirmations, invoices, technical notices, updates, security alerts, and support and administrative messages;
- Communicate with you and your referrals about promotions, upcoming events, and news about products and services offered by ONIT and our selected partners;
- Enforce our terms and conditions or protect our business, partners, or users;
- Protect against, investigate, and deter fraudulent, unauthorized, or illegal activity.
How We May Share or Disclose Your Personal Information
ONIT does not rent, sell, or share PII about you with other people or nonaffiliated companies, except under the following circumstances:
- When we have your permission including when you choose to post to our blogs.
- We may provide PII to trusted partners who work on behalf of or with ONIT to provide us with services. For example, these companies may use your PII to help ONIT communicate with you about offers from ONIT and our marketing partners.
- We may disclose PII to comply with laws or in response to legal process, for example, in response to a court order or a subpoena. We also may disclose PII in response to a law enforcement agency's request, or where we believe it is necessary to investigate, verify, prevent, enforce compliance with, or take action regarding: illegal or suspected illegal activities; suspected fraud; situations involving potential threats to the physical safety of any person; protection of the rights and property of ONIT, our agents, customers, or others; or violations or suspected violations of our agreements, policies, Terms of Service or End User License Agreements (EULA); or as otherwise required or permitted by law or consistent with legal requirements. We reserve the right to transfer or disclose PII in our system in connection with or during negotiation of any merger, financing, acquisition, bankruptcy, dissolution, transaction or other proceeding involving sale, transfer, divestiture or assignment of all or a portion of our business or assets to a different entity.
- Finally, we may also share aggregated, anonymized or statistical information about you, including demographics data, with others for a variety of purposes, including for their own uses, for example, for improving their products and services for ONIT and others.
What Cookies and Web Beacons Are and How We and Others Use Them
Our Site may use various software technologies including “cookies,” “web beacons” and “pixel tags.” “Cookies” are small text files that we and others may place in visitors' computer browsers to store their preferences. Cookies themselves do not contain any PII. "Web beacons" or “Pixel tags” are small pieces of code placed on a web page or within the body of an email to monitor the behavior and collect data about the visitors viewing a web page or viewing or opening an email. For example, web beacons can be used to count the users who visit a web page or to deliver a cookie to the browser of a visitor viewing that page. We may use web beacons on our Site from time to time for this and advertising purposes.
From time to time, we partner with third parties who may place cookies on your browser when you visit our Sites, may send their own cookies to your cookie file, and may use those cookies to track and collect information about you and your online activities over time and across different websites, devices, and applications and to provide targeted advertising based on your interests and previous browsing history.
What Internet Protocol Addresses Are
Collection of Information by Third-Party Sites and Sponsors
Our Site may contain third party sites linked from our Site to other Web sites, including those of our partners and sponsors, whose information practices may be different from ours. Sometimes these third party websites might conduct contests or sweepstakes and other activities that are promoted on our Site and visitors are directed away from our Site in order to participate in such activities.
You may also connect to third party services to share your information on and through their social media platforms, websites, applications, and services through “plug-ins,” widgets, buttons, and other third party features on and connected with our Sites.
How We Secure and Store Your Information
We have put in place reasonable and appropriate physical, electronic, and managerial procedures in an effort to help safeguard information we collect through our Sites. However, you should know that no company, including ONIT, can fully eliminate security risks associated with PII. To help protect yourself, please use a strong password, do not use the same passwords to access your ONIT accounts that you use with other accounts or services, and protect your user names and passwords to help prevent others from accessing your accounts and services.
What Choices Do We Give You and How Can You Correct or Review Your Personal Information
Our marketing emails tell you how to "opt-out" of receiving further marketing emails. If you opt out, we may still send you non-marketing emails. Non-marketing emails include emails about your accounts and our business dealings with you, and, as allowed by applicable law, requests for your participation in surveys. You may also contact us email@example.com at any time to let us know that you no longer wish to receive further marketing emails.
Upon request, we will provide an individual with access to identifying information that we have collected about them (provided that they have given adequate proof of identity). We also offer individuals the ability to have inaccuracies corrected within their contact information. You may also request deletion of your PII. We will honor requests as required by law and subject to our business and legal needs to retain your data. These information requests can be made by sending us an e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org.
While we and others give you certain choices, as further outlined in this Policy, there are many ways that Web browser signals and similar mechanisms can indicate your choice to disable tracking, and we may not be aware of nor honor every mechanism.
How to Contact Us
If you have questions or suggestions, please email ONIT at email@example.com. Written communication should be sent to Professional Scouting Solutions, LLC., Attn: ONIT Legal, 8334 Pineville Matthews RD. 103-127 Charlotte, NC 28226.